Greater China is now the biggest art-market in the world, but thousands of galleries in the middle kingdom have closed up, while many artists are struggling to make a living. How are gallery curators, artists, and tech companies keeping up with this ultra-competitive art market?
- Ashley Qin – YITIAO Art Director
- Lin Zi – SANTO HALL Gallery curator
- Sima Yuan – Artist
To go further
- The article Photo Shop: Art in the Age of the Influencer by TWOC
- The article Zhao Xiaoli Blurs the Line Between Online Influencer and Artist by TWOC
- Middle Earth episode 60 The Golden Age of China’s Museums?
- Artists Wang Xingwei & Jia Aili
Middle Earth is made by China Compass Productions and hosted by Aladin Farré. If you have a China-themed cultural project like shooting your next documentary or look for a specific talent, please get in touch!
With thanks to Wen Jiayin for production assistance and Sean Calvo for music support.The World of Chinese Magazine
A magazine about Chinese society, culture, history, arts, language, and more.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.