Culture is expensive, and China makes no exception to that. Without the support of public and private entities, many artists could not create anything or be overly commercial. After getting through the regulations hurdle, what kind of art are supported by the big companies and local governments?
- Yilin Chen : Winland Group - Art Project Director
- Elie Rosenberg : Impromptu - Co-Founder
- He Xin : former real estate consultant
To go further
- "Dream Factory" article by The World of Chinese Magazine
- Middle Earth episode #36 Transforming a Chinese movie studio
- Middle Earth episode #60 The Golden Age of China's Museums?
- Middle Earth episode #82 Understanding China’s national park & scenic areas
Middle Earth is made by China Compass Productions and hosted by Aladin Farré. If you have a China-themed cultural project like shooting your next documentary or look for a specific talent, please get in touch!
Chinese speaker? Follow our Bilibili account 阿拉丁_说电影
With thanks to Ren Jiayin for production assistant, Sean Calvo for music support, Eleven Labs for the AI voice and Leeluv for the poster picture.
A magazine about Chinese society, culture, history, arts, language, and more.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.