A billion internet users means a lot of followers for some content creators in China. But with ad revenue dropping China’s economy is slowing down, are tips and patrons a viable alternative for creators?
- Lulu | 璐璐 : LHH Speak Easy ( 璐璐的英文小酒馆 ) - Founder
- Luigi Liu : BtoZ-Movie - Founder
To go further
- "Career Fans" article by The World of Chinese Magazine
- Middle Earth episode #87 How local government & foundations sponsor culture in China
- Middle Earth episode #50 Xiaohongshu : Marrying content and e-commerce
- Middle Earth episode #29 Online KOL marketing in China
Middle Earth is made by China Compass Productions and hosted by Aladin Farré. If you have a China-themed cultural project like shooting your next documentary or look for a specific talent, please get in touch!
Chinese speaker? Follow our Bilibili account 阿拉丁_说电影
With thanks to Sean Calvo for music support.
A magazine about Chinese society, culture, history, arts, language, and more.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.