Women perform up to 50 percent of the jobs in China's cultural industries, but are they getting equal opportunities and compensation as men? In this episode, guests from the world of film, TV, visual arts, and journalism discuss the barriers female leaders and employees still face in their industries, and the benefits of more gender diversity in the workplace.
- Li Muyuan : Gushi FM - Producer
- Hatty Liu : Journalist & Former TWOC Managing Editor
- Luka Yang : Visual Artist & Filmmaker
To Go Further
- "Women’s Work" article by The World of Chinese Magazine
- "Getting Rights Wrong" article by The World of Chinese Magazine
- "Hidden Harassment" article by The World of Chinese Magazine
Middle Earth is made by China Compass Productions and hosted by Aladin Farré. If you have a China-themed cultural project, like shooting your next documentary or looking for a specific talent, please get in touch!
Chinese speaker? Follow our Bilibili account 阿拉丁_说电影
With thanks to Sean Calvo for music support.
A magazine about Chinese society, culture, history, arts, language, and more.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.