【原文】中英文对照
Hello everone.welecome back to my podcast.Today, I'm sharing 4 simple tips to help you look confident--no matter how you feel.
大家好,欢迎回到我的播客,今天分享4个简单技巧,帮你在内心并不自信的时候,依然能表现得从容淡定。
Whether in study, work, or daily life,everyone, from new hires to CEOs of Fortune 500 companies, wants to know how to show up and look confident.
无论是在学习、工作还是日常生活中,从职场新人到世界500强企业的CEO,每个人都想知道如何展现自己、看起来自信。
In fact, most people aren't confident.Those who seem very confident are just making certain physical and vocal choices to make you think so.
事实上,大多数人并不自信。那些看起来非常自信的人,只是做出了一些特定的肢体和声音表达,让你觉得他们自信。
The point is, when you are the speaker, how you show up really matters.
关键是,当你作为发言者时,你的状态真的非常重要。
Here, I have sorted out four tips on how to be confident, even if you're not.
在这里,我整理了四个让你变得自信的技巧,即使你内心并不自信。
You can do that too. Anyone can do this.
你也可以做到。任何人都可以做到。
Number one, turn up the energy and speak up.
第一,提升状态,大胆开口。
When you speak up, even just a little bit,it reads as confident, and you don't have to shout.
当你开口表达,哪怕只是一点点,就会显得自信,而且你不必大喊大叫。
Think about it this way.
你可以这样想。
On a scale of 1 to 10, aim for a 5.
按1到10分的标准,把声音目标定在5分就好。
Yes, it goes to 11, but you can just aim for a 5.
没错,音量可以更高,但你只需要瞄准5分。
And it sounds prepared, positive, and confident, so turn up the energy and speak up.
这样听起来准备充分、积极、自信,所以提升你的状态,大胆开口。
Number two, pause like a boss.
第二,像老板一样停顿。
Nervous speakers tend to talk really fast,right?
紧张的发言者往往说话特别快,对吧?
And when they do have a pause, they fill it in with verbal fillers like "ums."
而当他们真的停顿的时候,会用“嗯”之类的口头禅填满空白。
However, if you try to speak more slowly,it won't be better.
然而,如果你只是刻意放慢语速,效果并不会更好。
So instead, make strategic pauses.
所以相反,要有策略地停顿。
Pause in transition. Pause for emphasis.Pause like a boss.
转场时停顿,强调时停顿,像老板一样停顿。
Number three, superhero stance.
第三,超级英雄姿态。
Imagine, you are a superhero.
想象一下,你是一位超级英雄。
You can do it from your chair.
你坐在椅子上也能做到。
How would a superhero sit?
超级英雄会怎么坐?
Yes, let that change your posture. Let that bring a smile to your face and have some better eye contact.
对,让这个想象改变你的姿态,让你面带微笑,并有更好的眼神交流。
All of that reads as confident, and pretending to be a superhero is just a super quick way to have confident-looking body language.
所有这些都会显得自信,假装自己是超级英雄,是快速拥有自信肢体语言的方法。
You can stand in superhero backstage to boost your confidence.
你可以在后台摆出超级英雄的姿势来提升自信。
And if you need an easy shortcut, just make the shape. Just make the shape of a confident person.
如果你需要一个简单捷径,就摆出那个姿态,摆出自信的人的姿态。
Others can't read your mind. They don't know how you're feeling. So just make the shape, and they will go with it.
别人读不懂你的心,他们不知道你的感受。所以只要摆出姿态,他们就会相信。
If you are not sure. if you are making confident-looking choices, you can just video yourself and watch it back.
如果你不确定自己的表现是否看起来自信,你可以给自己录像然后回看。
Videoing yourself is a great way to checkin to see that you're doing the techniques, but also to see that it's still authentically you.
给自己录像是一个很好的检查方式,既能看你是否在运用这些技巧,也能确认那依然是真实的你。
Number four, practice with purpose.
第四,有目的地练习。
So make yourself a rehearsal schedule. Put it in your calendar.
给自己做一个排练计划,写进你的日程里。
You can give yourself a little treat when you do a run through.
当你完整练完一遍时,可以奖励自己一下。
And make it practice with purpose by giving yourself a specific goal, or adding in one new confident technique each day.
让练习有目标,给自己设定具体目标,或者每天加入一个新的自信技巧。
If it's a week before your event, aim to run it all the way through at least once a day.
如果活动前还有一周,目标是每天至少完整练习一遍。
When you're in the shower, when you're making your dog, when you are making a meal for your kids.
洗澡时、遛狗时、给孩子做饭时。
Whatever you need to do to get in those repetitions.
做什么都可以,只要能多重复几遍。
Practice by standing up, saying it out loud, imagining your audience engaging them.
练习时站起来,大声说出来,想象你的听众并和他们互动。
And I know it might feel a little funny saying it out loud to yourself.
我知道,对着自己大声说可能有点奇怪。
But think about when you learn a new sport or when you practice a musical instrument.
但想想你学一项新运动或练习乐器的时候。
Give yourself a chance.
给自己一个机会。
Practice helps everything. And it can really boost your confidence to practice with purpose by layering in one new technique each day.
练习能改善一切。有目的地练习,每天叠加一个新技巧,真的能提升自信。
Okay, those first four techniques, they're all about how to appear confident, regardless of how you're feeling.
好了,前四个技巧,都是关于如何表现得自信,不管你内心感受如何。
Remember that feeling of safety you had as an audience member and bring that into your next rehearsal.
记住你作为听众时的那种安全感,并把它带入你下一次排练中。
Reach outside your comfort zone, and use confident extensions to make your audience feel safe.
走出舒适区,用自信舒展的状态让你的听众感到安心。
That's all for today .Now go out there and practice these tips until confidence feels real.You've got this!
今天的内容就结束了。现在就去行动吧,把这些技巧练到刻进骨子里,你完全可以做到!

