【吸血鬼日记】“你没资格来问我。”英语老师瑶瑶

【吸血鬼日记】“你没资格来问我。”

6分钟 ·
播放数1
·
评论数0
【句子】You are in no position to question me. 【The Vampire Diaries-S1E4】
【发音】[ju:] [ɑ:(r)] [ɪn] [nəʊ] [pəˈzɪʃən] [tʊ] [ˈkwes.tʃən] [mi:]
【发音技巧】no重读;question的发音[tʃ]
【翻译】你没资格来问我。
【适用场合】
This country sure has dumbed down in the last hundred years.
这个国家的课本在这一百年里变简单不少。
dumb down(贬)
to lower the level of difficulty and the intellectual content of (as a textbook)
降低知识内容的难度(比如说课本)
also : to lower the general level of intelligence
普遍的文化水平降低
eg: the dumbing down of society
社会的学习能力的普遍降低

eg: The media was accused of dumbing down the issue.
这家媒体被指责故意把这个议题简单化。

Why he wants to go to high school is beyond me.
他为什么要去高中这件事让我很难理解。
sth. is beyond sb.
某事超出自己的理解范畴
If something is beyond you, you are unable to understand it:
eg: I'm afraid physics is completely beyond me.
恐怕物理我是完全没办法理解的。

You are in no position to question me.
你没资格来问我。
in a position to do sth. 有能力/资质/权利做某事
in no position to do sth. 没有能力/资质/权利做某事
If you are in a position to do something, you are able to do it. If you are in no position to do something, you are unable to do it.

eg: I am not in a position to comment.
我没资格评论。

【尝试翻译以下句子,并留言在文章留言区】
I'm not in a position to reveal any of the details of the project at present.