

【摩登家庭】“百分之百支持你”
6分钟 ·
4·
0
【发音】/ˌəʊˈkeɪ/ /frɒm/ /frɑːm/ /naʊ/ /ɒn/ /ɑːn/ /aɪ/ /æm/ /ɪn/ /jə(r)/ /ˈkɔː(r).nəʳ/ /wʌn/ /ˈhʌn.drəd/ /pə(r)ˈsent/ /jeə/ /ðæt/ /sɒŋ/ /sɑːŋ/ /ɪz/ /ˈgə.nə/ /ˈgɑː.nə/ /nɒk/ /nɑːk/ /ˈev.ri.wʌn/ /aʊt/
【发音技巧】that song is不完全爆破+连读;knock everyone out两处连读;
【翻译】好的,从现在开始,我百分之百支持你。你的那首歌一定会大获成功,技惊四座!
【适用场合】
今天我们学习两个很好用、很简练的表达:
第一个是in one’s corner
表示完完全全支持某个人
giving one's full support to someone
或者If someone is in your corner, they are supporting you and helping you.
eg: I'm nervous about the trial, but I'm glad I have you in my corner.
我对判决其实挺忐忑的,但是我很高兴有你支持我。
eg: It's good to know that whatever happens, he'll support me and be in my corner.
不论发生什么,他都会一直支持我。听他这么说我真的挺开心的。
eg: From words spoken after our meeting, we felt we already had Bob in our corner.
从我们会后的发言来看,我们感觉到Bob已经是我们阵营的人了。
第二个呢就是knock someone out
可以理解成:
impress, overwhelm, or excite one
让大家感觉到很震撼;印象深刻;艳惊四座;
eg: The show of support from everyone just knocked me out.
每个人都表示支持,这事儿真的把我惊到了/这事儿我真的深深地被震撼到了。
eg: That movie really knocked me out—I didn't expect it to be so good!
那部电影,真的是太好看了,我都没想到会有这么好看!
【尝试翻译以下句子,并留言在文章留言区】
I feel a little bad that he's going into the meeting with no one in his corner.