【摩登家庭】“我看穿你的把戏了”英语怎么说?英语老师瑶瑶

【摩登家庭】“我看穿你的把戏了”英语怎么说?

6分钟 ·
播放数1
·
评论数0
【句子】Just so you know, I’m onto you. You never took Manny to the principal. 【Modern Family S3E2】
【发音】/dʒʌst/ /səʊ/ /juː/ /nəʊ/ /aɪm/ /ˈɒn.tu/ /ˈɑːn.tu/ /juː/ /juː/ /ˈnev.ə(r)/ /tʊk/ /ˈmæn.i/ /tʊ/ /ðə/ /ˈprɪnsəpl/
【发音技巧】just so不完全爆破;I’m onto连读;took Manny失去爆破;
【翻译】就跟你说一声,我看穿你的把戏了。你从未带着Manny去找过校长。
【适用场合】
绝望的主妇S1E18的第878期节目中,我们当时讲过相关表达,关键句是:
They figured out that it’s an empty threat. They’re onto us.
他们已经看穿了我们只是在虚张声势而已。

在口语中,
sb. is onto you
指的意思是:某个人看穿了你的伎俩;某个人发现了你做了错误/违法的事情;
If someone is onto you, they have discovered that you are doing something illegal or wrong.

eg: She knew the police would be onto them.
她早就知道警方会找上他们。

eg: I had told people what he had been doing, so now the police were onto him.
我之前就告诉过大家他一直以来的所作所为,所以警方之后已经盯上他了。

其实写成分开的on to也是可以的,因为英文中
be on to sb./sth.
用来指:获悉关于某个人/某件事物的信息;知晓……;
to be aware of or have information about sb./sth.
有的时候也可以用来指:怀疑某个人的行为、动机等等;
to be suspicious of someone’s actions, behavior or intention

eg: You’ll never deceive us again. We’re on to you.
你们再也骗不了我们了。我们把你的底细都摸清了。

eg: They can't pull that trick again. We're on to them now.
他们不能再用那招了,我们已经摸清他们的套路了。

eg: You’d better do it carefully. I’m on to you now.
你最好仔细干这活儿,我可盯着你呢。

eg: The cops were on to us and there was absolutely nothing I could do about it.
警察发现我们了!当时我也束手无策。

【尝试翻译以下句子,并留言在文章留言区】
They thought they were onto somebody who was robbing the house.