名著阅读 2马克·吐温《百万英镑》纯享合集

名著阅读 2马克·吐温《百万英镑》纯享合集

试听 31分钟 ·
播放数4174
·
评论数2

大家好,这是分段音频的合订纯享版本,欢迎愿意支持本专辑的朋友进行购买。不想购买的朋友,听对应的分段音频和专题听单可以收听到一样的内容。感谢大家的支持!

购买了本单集的朋友,可以到公众号“高效英语磨耳”私信我获取和音频配套的文稿及翻译。

马克·吐温《百万英镑》

0:05 Chapter One: From San Francisco to London

3:00 Chapter Two: An Unusual Bet

7:20 Chapter Three: The Letter

10:40 Chapter Four: At the Tailor's

14:09 Chapter Five: The Poor Millionaire

17:01 Chapter Six: The Dinner Party

21:52 Chapter Seven: A Million-Dollar Idea

25:38 Chapter Eight: Back to Portland Place

Chapter One: From San Francisco to London

When I was 27 years old, I worked in an office in San Francisco.

27岁时,我在旧金山的一间办公室工作。

I did my job well and my future was promising.

我做得很好,我的未来充满希望。

I was alone in the world and I was happy.

我独自一人在这个世界上,我很快乐。

On Saturday afternoons I didn't work.

星期六下午我不工作。

I sailed my little sail boat on San Francisco Bay.

我在旧金山湾驾驶我的小帆船。

One Saturday afternoon, I sailed out too far.

一个星期六的下午,我出航太远了。

The strong afternoon wind pushed my sail boat out of the bay, into the Pacific Ocean.

下午的强风把我的帆船推出了海湾,驶入了太平洋。

That night, when I had lost all hope, a small British brig saw me and took me on board.

那天晚上,当我失去所有希望时,一艘英国小双桅帆船看见了我,把我带上船。

The brig was sailing to London. The voyage was long and stormy.

双桅帆船正驶向伦敦。航程漫长,风雨交加。

I worked as a sailor to pay for my trip.

我当水手是为了支付我的旅行费用。

When I arrived in London, my clothes were old and dirty.

当我到达伦敦时,我的衣服又旧又脏。

I had only one dollar in my pocket.

我口袋里只有一美元。

With this dollar, I ate and slept for the first twenty-four hours.

有了这一美元,我在头24小时里吃了睡了。

During the next twenty-four hours, I didn't eat and didn't sleep.

在接下来的24小时里,我没有吃饭,也没有睡觉。

At about ten o'clock the following morning, I went to Portland Place.

第二天早上十点左右,我去了波特兰广场。

I saw a child walking past, holding a big pear.

我看见一个孩子拿着一个大梨走过。

The child ate one small piece and then threw the pear onto the street.

孩子吃了一小块,然后把梨扔到街上。

I stopped and looked at it.

我停下来看着它。

I was very hungry and I really wanted that pear.

我非常饿,我真的很想吃那个梨。

But every time I tried to get it, someone passed by and looked at me.

但每次我试图得到它,都有人走过来看着我。

I quickly turned in the other direction and waited for the person to pass by.

我迅速转向另一个方向,等待那个人经过。

I tried again and again to get that pear, but the same thing happened. I was desperate.

我一次又一次地试图得到那个梨,但同样的事情发生了。我绝望了。

I decided to get the pear and not to worry about the people who saw me.

我决定去拿到梨,不用担心看到我的人。

At that moment, a gentleman opened a window behind me and said, "Come in here, please."

这时,一位先生打开我身后的窗户说:“请进来。”

A well-dressed servant opened the door.

一个穿着考究的仆人打开了门。

He took me to a beautiful room.

他带我去了一个漂亮的房间。

Here, two old gentlemen were sitting and discussing something important.

在这里,两位老先生坐着讨论着一件重要的事情。

Their breakfast was still on the table.

他们的早餐还在桌子上。

I was very hungry and I stared at their breakfast.

我饿极了,盯着他们的早餐。

I want to tell the reader that the two gentlemen had made a bet several days before.

我想告诉读者,这两位先生几天前打赌过。

I knew nothing about the bet until later.

后来我才知道这个赌注。

Let me tell you what happened.

让我告诉你发生了什么事。

展开Show Notes
诗安然
诗安然
2024.9.25
买过了,但为啥不给我发原文
英语磨耳朵
:
到公众号私信一下,这里没法发