-VET: Okay, you should be able to take him home within an hour.
be able to: 能够 within: 在内
好的,一个小时左右你就能带它回家。
-SUSAN: Wow. You must be so relieved.
wow: (表示惊讶、羡慕等)〈非正〉哇 relieved: 松一口气
你一定觉得如释重负
-MIKE: I’m sorry, I was just really worried.
对不起,我只是真的很担心。
-SUSAN: Well, it was your dog, I get it.
get it: 理解
当然,那是你的狗,我能理解。
-MIKE: Actually, he was my wife’s dog, and, uh,one of the last things she said to me in the hospital before she died was to be sure I
looked after him, and, um, I promised her I would.
她在医院里临死前跟我说的最后一件事就是让我保证要好好照顾他,呣,我答应她我会的。
-NARRATOR: And just like that, Susan could suddenly see something she’d never seen
before.
就在那时,Susan 突然看见了一点,她以前从未看到过的东西。
-MIKE: He, um, meant so much to her.
它,呃,对她来说非常重要。
-MARY ALICE: Mike Delfino was still in love with his late wife.
Mike Delfino 仍然爱着他已故的妻子。
-MIKE: And if, uh, something had happened, I would’ve felt like I had failed her.
如果,呃,如果它有什么不测,我感到好像让她失望了,
I know that sounds stupid.
我知道这听起来很愚蠢,但是我......
-MARY ALICE: And she knew right then, that neither she nor Edie would be laying claim to his heart anytime soon.
她立即明白了,她和 Edie 谁也不能很快占据他的心。
-SUSAN: No it doesn’t. Not at all.
-MARY ALICE: So, she decided, for now, she could settle for just being his friend.
所以她决定,从现在起她仅仅做他的朋友就好了。
-SUSAN: This is for you. No, for Bongo. You give it to him.
这个给你,是送给 Bongo 的。
-MARY ALICE: Yes, as I look back at the world I left behind, it’s all so clear to me.
是的。当我回头看看身后这个世界时,我看得如此的清晰。
The beauty that waits to be unveiled, the mysteries that long to be uncovered.
有那么多有待发现的美丽和那么多有待揭幕的神秘。
But, people so rarely stop to take a look.
