Oh, the Places You'll Go! 噢,你将要去的地方 英文绘本星星会说话|英文绘本

Oh, the Places You'll Go! 噢,你将要去的地方 英文绘本

9分钟 ·
播放数13
·
评论数0

Oh, The Places You'll Go 噢,你将要去的地方

By Dr. Seuss. Published by Random House, 1990.

Congratulations!

恭喜!

Today is your day.

今天是你的大日子

You're off to Great Places!

往好地方出发!

You're off and away!

你启程走天涯!

You have brains in your head.

你有头脑

You have feet in your shoes.

也有脚力

You can steer yourself any direction you choose.

想往哪儿走就往哪儿走

You're on your own. And you know what you know.

孤身上路你自持自知

And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go.

路在何方你自有主意

You'll look up and down streets. Look 'em over with care.

你会上下打量小心择路

About some you will say, "I don't choose to gothere."

有些你一看便知:“那不是我要走的路。”

With your head full of brains and your shoes full of feet,

你才智满脑,足下是劲

you're too smart to go down any not-so-good street.

聪敏如你,怎会走上那些岔路穷途。

And you may not find any you'll want to go down.

也许你会找不到想走的路

In that case, of course, you'll head straight out of town.

如果是这样,自然,你会立马离城再觅去处

It's opener there in the wide open air.

旷野大漠,更尽开阔

Out there things can happen and frequently do to people asbrainy and footsy as you.

在那边,人若如你,勤快聪慧,往往大有作为

And then things start to happen,

当大任降身

don't worry. Don't stew.

别担心,别焦躁

Just go right along.

顺着走下去

You'll start happening too.

你也会开始踏上光明大道

OH!

噢!

THE PLACES YOU'LL GO!

你将要去的地方!

You'll be on y our way up!

你会平步青云!

You'll be seeing great sights!

你会饱览美景!

You'll join the high fliers who soar to high heights.

你会跻身精英,高飞攀迎!

You won't lag behind, because you'll have the speed.

你不会落后,因为你分秒必争

You'll pass the whole gang and you'll soon take the lead.

你会超越众人,领先他等

Wherever you fly, you'll be best of the best.

飞往何处,你都是卓越之最

Wherever you go, you will top all the rest.

去往何方,你都能盖世夺魁

Except when you don't.

做不到的时候除外

Because, sometimes, you won't.

因为,有时,你会做不到如此精彩

I'm sorry to say so

很遗憾得这么说

but, sadly, it's true

可叹,这是事实

that Bang-ups

吃闭门羹

and Hang-ups

遇阻受碍

can happen to you.

你可能也会如此

You can get all hung up in a prickle-ly perch.

你也许会被困卡在荆棘高处

And your gang will fly on.

同伴都继续飞翔

You'll be left in a Lurch.

你却给丢下晃荡愁苦

You'll come down from the Lurch with an unpleasant bump.

你也许会从那摇摇欲坠的枝头狼狈跌撞而下

And the chances are, then, that you'll be in a Slump.

结果,很可能, 你会跌入深渊悬崖

And when you're in a Slump, you're not in for much fun.

当你跌入深渊, 便无甚乐趣可言

Un-slumping yourself is not easily done.

想走出消沉, 却难一步登天

You will come to a place where the streets are not marked.

你会来到掩隐的小路

Some windows are lighted. But mostly they're darked.

一些窗户泛着灯光,但大多数昏黑灰暗

A place you could sprain both your elbow and chin!

一个会让你扭伤手肘撞破下巴的地方!

Do you dare to stay out? Do you dare to go in?

你敢留在外面?你敢走进里面?

How much can you lose? How much can you win?

有多少可失去?有多少能赢取?

And IF you go in, should you turn left or right...

假若真走进去,该转左还是转右……

or right-and-three-quarters? Or, maybe, not quite?

还是右转四分之三?或者,也许,不够?

Or go around back and sneak in from behind?

还是转回去,从后潜入?

Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find,

恐怕即使满心决意,

for a mind-maker-upper to make up his mind.

你也觉得,要下决心也不容易。

You can get so confused

你也许会一时迷乱

that you'll start in to race

拔腿沿曲折的长路亡命狂奔

down long wiggled roads at a break-necking pace

熬折奔跑千里

and grind on for miles cross weirdish wild space,

经过遍野光怪陆离

headed, I fear, toward a most useless place.

我担心,你跑向的是那最无用之地

The Waiting Place...

那等候之地….

...for people just waiting.

那的人只知等候

Waiting for a train to go

等火车走

or a bus to come, or a plane to go

等巴士到,等飞机飞

or the mail to come, or the rain to go

等邮件到,等那雨停

or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow

等电话响,等那雪纷飞

or the waiting around for a Yes or No

等别人置“可”“”否”

or waiting for their hair to grow.

等头发长长

Everyone is just waiting.

人人只懂等候

Waiting for the fish to bite

等鱼儿上钩不折腾

or waiting for the wind to fly a kite

等到风来放飞风筝

or waiting around for Friday night

等到周五夜

or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake

也许是等他们看那“杰克叔叔”

or a pot to boil, or a Better Break

等锅里水开,等更佳机遇

or a string of pearls, or a pair of pants

等一串珠链,等一条新裤

or a wig with curls, or Another Chance.

等一个卷毛假发,等另一个机遇

Everyone is just waiting.

人人只懂等候

NO!

不!

That's not for you!

那不是你会做的!

Somehow, you'll escape all that waiting and staying

反正你会逃离那般等待歇停

You'll find the bright places

你会找到光明境地

where Boom Bands are playing.

那里鼓乐队喧闹奏鸣

With banner flip-flapping,

彩旗迎风飘扬

once more you'll ride high!

你将再次乘风破浪

Ready for anything under the sky.

无惧天下各种挑战

Ready because you're that kind of a guy!

准备就绪,你就是这样!

Oh, the places you'll go! There is fun to be done!

噢,你将要去的地方!有乐要尽情!

There are points to be scored. There are games to be won.

有分要拿下,有比赛要赢

And the magical things you can do with that ball

那小球会带你走进奇妙历程

will make you the winning-est winner of all.

让你百战百胜

Fame! You'll be as famous as famous can be,

名声!你会要多大名气有多大名气

with the whole wide world watching you win on TV.

透过电视。全世界讲看着你创下胜绩

Except when they don't

他们看不到的时候除外

Because, sometimes they won't.

因为,有时,他们无法看到

I'm afraid that sometimes you'll play lonely games too.

我很遗憾有时的确如此,你独自一人比赛

Games you can't win

而那个比赛你永远无法胜利

'cause you'll play against you.