The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs 三只小猪真实的故事 英文绘本星星会说话|英文绘本

The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs 三只小猪真实的故事 英文绘本

8分钟 ·
播放数25
·
评论数0

The True Story of the 3 Little Pigs 三只小猪真实的故事

by Jon Scieszka. Published by Viking Children's Books, 1989

Everybody knows the story of the Three Little Pigs.

每个人都知道三只小猪的故事

Or at least they think they do. But I’ll let you in on alittle secret.

至少他们认为自己知道 但是我要告诉你们一个秘密

Nobody knows the real story, because nobody has ever heardmy side of the story.

没有人知道这个故事的真相 因为没人从我的角度听过这个故事

I’m the wolf. Alexander T. Wolf. You can call me Al.

我是一只狼叫亚历山大。你也可以叫我阿力

I don’t know how this whole Big Bad Wolf thing got started,but it’s all wrong.

我不知道坏蛋大野狼的故事是怎么开始的 但那都是错的故事

Maybe it’s because of our diet.

也许是因为我们的饮食习惯。

Hey, it’s not my fault if wolves eat cute little animalslike bunnies and sheep and pigs.

嘿,狼喜欢吃小兔子、小羊和小猪这些可爱的小动物 可这又不是我的错。

That’s just the way we are.

我们天生就是这样的啊

If cheeseburgers were cute, folks would probably think youwere Big and Bad, too.

如果芝士汉堡很可爱 人们可能也会认为你是大坏蛋

But like I was saying, the whole Big Bad Wolf thing is allwrong.

但就像我刚才说的坏蛋大灰狼这个故事事是完全错误的

The real story is about a sneeze and a cup of sugar.

真是的故事是一个喷嚏和一杯糖引起的

THIS IS THE REAL STORY.

这才是真实的故事

Way back in Once Upon a Time, I was making a birthday cakefor my dear old granny.

很久很久以前 当我为亲爱的老奶奶做蛋糕的时候

I had a terrible sneezing cold. I ran out of sugar.

我得了重感冒不停地打喷嚏 不巧的是我的糖用完了

So I walked down the street to ask my neighbor for a cup ofsugar.

于是我出门去向我的邻居借一杯糖

Now this neighbor was a pig. And he wasn’t too bright,either.

这个邻居是一只猪 一只不是很聪明的猪

He had built his whole house out of straw. Can you believe it?

他用稻草盖了一个房子 你能相信吗?

I mean who in his right mind would build a house of straw?

我的意思是那个脑经正常的家伙会用稻草盖一个房子

So of course the minute I knocked on the door, it fell rightin.

我才敲一下门那个稻草做的门就马上掉下来散了一地

I didn’t want to just walk into someone else’s house.

我可不想就这样走进去

So I called, “Little Pig, Little Pig, are you in?” Noanswer.

所以我喊到“小猪 小猪 你在里面吗?”没有人回答

I was just about to go home without the cup of sugar for mydear old granny’s birthday cake.

我正想走回家为奶奶做一个不加糖的蛋糕

That’s when my nose started to itch.

这时候我的鼻子开始发痒

I felt a sneeze coming on.

我觉得有一个喷嚏就要冲出来了

Well I huffed. And I snuffed.

我哼啊哼啊的

And I sneezed a great sneeze.

我打了好大一个喷嚏

And you know what? That whole darn straw house fell down.

你知道发生什么了吗?那一栋草房子居然全倒了

And right in the middle of the pile of straw was the FirstLittle Pig—dead as a doornail.

草堆的正中央躺着一只小猪—他挂了

He had been home the whole time.

原来他一直待在房子里嘛

It seemed a shame to leave a perfectly good ham dinner lyingthere in the straw.

对于狼来说如果放弃草堆里这块上好的猪肉那是很丢脸的事

So I ate it up.

所以我把它吃掉了

Think of it as a big cheeseburger just lying there.

就当作那是很大一块起司汉堡躺在那

I was feeling a little better. But I still didn’t have mycup of sugar.

我觉得感冒好多了 但我还是缺少一本糖

So I went to the next neighbor’s house.

所以我走到另一个邻居家

This neighbor was the First Little Pig’s brother.

这个邻居是第一只小猪的兄弟

He was a little smarter, but not much.

他比较聪明一点但不多

He had built his house of sticks.

他用树枝盖他的房子

I rang the bell on the stick house. Nobody answered.

我按了一下门铃没有人回答

I called, “Mr. Pig, Mr. Pig, are you in?”

我喊到““猪先生 猪先生 你在里面吗?”

He yelled back, “Go away wolf. You can’t come in. I’m shavingthe hairs on my chinny chin chin.”

他大吼:“走开你这只狼 你不能进来 我正在刮胡子“

I had just grabbed the doorknob when I felt another sneezecoming on.

当我觉得我又有一个喷嚏要冲出来了 我紧紧地抓住门把手

I huffed. And I snuffed. And I tried to cover my mouth, butI sneezed a great sneeze.

我哼啊哼啊的 我试着把嘴巴捂起来 但我还是打了一个巨大的喷嚏

And you’re not going to believe it, but this guy’s housefell down just like his brother’s.

你一定不相信 但这家伙的房子真的和他兄弟的一样全倒了

When the dust cleared, there was the Second Little Pig—deadas a doornail.

当灰尘散开后 第二只小猪—也挂了

Wolf’s honor.

狼的荣耀

Now you know how food will spoil if you just leave it out inthe open.

现在你知道食物如果被丢在外面很快就会变质

So I did the only thing there was to do.

所以我唯一能做的就是

I had dinner again.

再吃一顿晚餐

Think of it as a second helping.

就当作第二个芝士汉堡吧

I was getting awfully full.

我吃的很饱

But my cold was feeling a little better.

感冒也好多了

And I still didn’t have that cup of sugar for my dear oldgranny’s birthday cake.

但是我还没有糖可以为我亲爱的奶奶做生日蛋糕

So I went to the next house.

所以我走去了下一个房子

This guy was the First and Second Little Pigs’ brother.

这家伙是那前两只小猪的兄弟

He must have been the brains of the family. He had built hishouse of bricks.

他应该是家族里最聪明的一只 他用砖头建房子

I knocked on the brick house. No answer.

我敲了敲门 没人回答

I called, “Mr. Pig, Mr. Pig, are you in?”

我喊道:“猪先生 猪先生 你在里面吗?”

And do you know what that rude little porker answered?

你知道那只粗鲁的小猪怎么回答的吗?

“Get out of here, Wolf. Don’t bother me again.”

“走开你这只狼 不要再来烦我了”

Talk about impolite! He probably had a whole sack full ofsugar.

他真是太没礼貌了 也许他有一大袋糖

And he wouldn’t give me even one little cup for my dear sweetold granny’s birthday cake.

却不肯给我一小杯让我为我亲爱的奶奶做生日蛋糕

What a pig!

真是一头猪!

I was just about to go home and maybe make a nice birthdaycard instead of a cake, when I felt my cold coming on.

我正要回去打算做一张生日卡片 不做生日蛋糕了

I huffed. And I snuffed. And I sneezed once again.

我哼啊哼啊的 又打了一个喷嚏

Then the Third Little Pig yelled, “And your old granny cansit on a pin!”

然后第三只小猪大叫道:“你的老奶奶和我有什么关系”

Now I’m usually a pretty calm fellow.

我一直很冷静