BjornLomborg_2005[为全球问题订定先后次序]TED英文演讲talks

BjornLomborg_2005[为全球问题订定先后次序]

17分钟 ·
播放数83
·
评论数0

1.What I'd like to talk about is really the biggest problems in the world.
我今天想和大家谈的都是地球上最严重的问题。
2.I'm not going to talk about "The Skeptical Environmentalist" -- probably that's also a good choice.
我不会谈到《持怀疑论的环保分子》这本书 虽然那未尝不是一个好选择。
3.(Laughter) But I am going talk about, what are the big problems in the world?
(笑声) 我要说的, 是地球上最严重的问题是什么?
4.And I must say, before I go on, I should ask every one of you to try and get out pen and paper because I'm actually going to ask you to help me to look at how we do that.
在我继续之前,我想请在座每一位朋友, 拿出纸和笔, 因为我将会请大家和我一起试试,看我们是怎样找出答案的。
5.So get out your pen and paper.
所以请你拿出纸和笔。
6.Bottom line is, there is a lot of problems out there in the world.
我们的底线,是我们这个世界有很多问题。
7.I'm just going to list some of them.
让我列举其中一些:
8.There are 800 million people starving.
全球有八亿人处于饥饿之中;
9.There's a billion people without clean drinking water.
有十亿人没有清洁食水;
10.Two billion people without sanitation.
二十亿人没有基本卫生设施;
11.There are several million people dying of HIV and AIDS.
几百万人死于爱滋病毒及爱滋病;
12.The lists go on and on.
这个清单可以一直数下去,
13.There's two billions of people who will be severely affected by climate change -- so on.
二十亿人会受到气候改变的严重影响 -- 等等, 等等。
14.There are many, many problems out there.
这个世界有很多很多的问题。
15.In an ideal world, we would solve them all, but we don't.
在一个完美的世界, 我们会解决所有的问题,可是实际上我们不会,
16.We don't actually solve all problems.
在现实世界,我们不会解决所有的问题。
17.And if we do not, the question I think we need to ask ourselves -- and that's why it's on the economy session -- is to say, if we don't do all things, we really have to start asking ourselves,
既然我们不会解决所有的问题,那我们便要问问自己 -- 这就是为什么这场演讲被安排在经济时段-- 既然我们不会应付全部问题,我们就应该开始问自己,
18.which ones should we solve first?
我们应该先解决那些问题?
19.And that's the question I'd like to ask you.
这就是今天我要问大家的问题。
20.If we had say, 50 billion dollars over the next four years to spend to do good in this world, where should we spend it?
设想如果我们有五百亿元,可以在未来四年, 用来为世界做点事,我们应该把钱花在哪儿?
21.We identified 10 of the biggest challenges in the world, and I will just briefly read them.
我们找出地球面临的十项最大挑战, 让我很快的念出来。
22.Climate change, communicable diseases, conflicts, education, financial instability, governance and corruption, malnutrition and hunger, population migration,
气候变化,传染病,冲突, 教育, 金融波动,政府管治,贪污 营养不良及饥荒,人口迁移,
23.sanitation and water, and subsidies and trade barriers.
卫生及水源,经济资助及贸易壁壘。
24.We believe that these in many ways encompass the biggest problems in the world.
我们相信在很大程度上, 它们涵盖了世界最严重的问题。
25.The obvious question would be to ask, what do you think are the biggest things?
很明显,我们要问的问题是 哪些才是这些问题当中最重要的?
26.Where should we start on solving these problems?
我们该从哪个问题着手解决呢?
27.But that's a wrong problem to ask.
不过,这个问题其实问得不对,
28.That was actually the problem that was asked in Davos in January.
今年一月在瑞士达沃斯, 有人就确实提出过这个问题。
29.But of course, there's a problem in asking people to focus on problems.
当然, 把注意力集中在问题上,本身就是一个问题,
30.Because we can't solve problems.
因为总有我们解决不了的问题。
31.Surely the biggest problem we have in the world is that we all die.
我们都知道这个世界面对的最大问题就是我们都会死,
32.But we don't have a technology to solve that, right?
还没有一种科技可以解决这个问题,对不对?
33.So the point is not to prioritize problems, but the point is to prioritize solutions to problems.
所以最重要的,不是为问题订出先后次序, 而是为解决方法订出先后次序。
34.And that would be -- of course that gets a little more complicated.
那就是说 -- 当然真正的情况没有那么简单,
35.To climate change that would be like Kyoto.
气候变化的解决方法可能是京都协议,
36.To communicable diseases, it might be health clinics or mosquito nets.
传染病的解决方法可能是医疗诊所和蚊帐,
37.To conflicts, it would be U.N.'s peacekeeping forces, and so on.
冲突的解决方法可能是联合国维持和平部队等等。
38.The point that I would like to ask you to try to do, is just in 30 seconds -- and I know this is in a sense an impossible task -- write down what you think
我想大家一起尝试做的是, 请你在三十秒之内 – 我知道这几乎是 不可能的 – 写出你认为
39.is probably some of the top priorities.
应该最优先着手的项目。
40.And also -- and that's, of course, where economics gets evil -- to put down what are the things we should not do, first.
还有 -- 这就是为什么经济考虑教人那么为难 -- 请你也写出哪些项目无须即时处理,
41.What should be at the bottom of the list?
请你也写出哪些项目无须即时处理,
42.Please, just take 30 seconds, perhaps talk to your neighbor, and just figure out what should be the top priorities and the bottom priorities of the solutions that we have
应该放到清单的最后。€ 请你试试,在三十秒之内,你可以和旁边的人商量, 想想哪些解决方法应该最优先进行,
43.to the world's biggest issues.
用来解决世界上最严重的问题。
44.The amazing part of this process -- and of course, I mean, I would love to -- I only have 18 minutes, I've already given you quite a substantial amount of my time, right?
这个过程最美妙的地方是 – 当然我很