81. 【社交英语】See eye to eye:意见不合?高情商表达立场 | Communication Skills

81. 【社交英语】See eye to eye:意见不合?高情商表达立场 | Communication Skills

3分钟 ·
播放数235
·
评论数0

🎧 节目简介

早安!在工作或生活中,我们总会遇到与人意见相左的时候。如果只会说 "I disagree" 或者 "We are fighting",不仅显得语言单调,有时还会让原本可以沟通的氛围变得剑拔弩张。 如何用地道且体面的方式表达“我们想法不同”?

本期 Beyond English 不止英语,Mandy 陪你一边喝晨间咖啡,一边通过观察人们交流的姿态,深度拆解 "See eye to eye" 这个短语背后的深意,助你在任何场合都能高情商地表达立场。

📖 CORE VOCABULARY

• See eye to eye: [看法一致/达成共识] - To share the same views or

opinions about something

• On the same page: [达成共识/进度一致] - To have the same understanding of a situation

• At odds: [有分歧/不和] - In conflict or disagreement

🗣️ BILINGUAL SCRIPT (中英对照 · 辅助理解)

[Sighs deeply] Ugh, I had such a tiring conversation yesterday.

[深深叹气] 呃,我昨天进行了一场非常令人疲惫的谈话。

My best friend and I were trying to plan a summer holiday.

我和我最好的朋友正试图计划一个暑假。

She wanted a busy city tour, and I just wanted a quiet beach.

她想要繁忙的城市游,而我只想要一个安静的海滩。

We talked for two hours, but we just couldn't reach an answer. We were completely stuck.

我们聊了两个小时,但就是得不出一个结果。我们完全僵持住了。

Good morning, everyone. Welcome to another session of Beyond English. I'm Mandy.

大家早安。欢迎来到新一期的 Beyond English 不止英语。我是 Mandy。

Sometimes, saying "we didn't agree" feels too cold for a close relationship.

有时候,对于亲密关系来说,说“我们没达成一致”感觉太冷漠了。

I wanted a softer way to describe this situation.

我想要一种更柔和的方式来描述这种情况。

To figure out this social puzzle, we can explore a perfect phrase: See eye to eye.

为了解开这个社交谜题,我们可以探索一个完美的短语:See eye to eye(看法一致)。

My friend and I didn't see eye to eye.

我和我朋友看法不一致。

Imagine this in your head. Two people are standing face to face.

在你的脑海中想象一下这个画面。两个人面对面站着。

If they look directly into each other's eyes, their eye levels are exactly the same. Their vision is perfectly aligned.

如果他们直视对方的眼睛,他们的视平线是完全一样的。他们的视野完美地对齐了。

They are looking at the world from the exact same height and angle.

他们正在从完全相同的高度和角度看世界。

That is what it means to share a perspective.

这就是分享同一种视角的含义。

In our daily lives, you can use this for any relationship.

在我们的日常生活中,你可以将它用于任何关系。

You might say, "My brother and I rarely see eye to eye on politics." It means your viewpoints are totally different.

你可能会说,“我和我哥哥在政治上很少看法一致。”意思是你们的观点完全不同。

This phrase is also incredibly powerful in a professional setting.

这个短语在专业职场环境中同样极具力量。

If you have a disagreement with your manager, saying "we fight" is a bad idea.

如果你和你的经理有分歧,说“我们吵架了”是个糟糕的主意。

Instead, you can say, "My boss and I don't see eye to eye on the new marketing strategy." It sounds polite and respectful.

相反,你可以说,“我和老板在新的营销策略上看法不一致。”这听起来礼貌且尊重。

It is important to unpack a very key detail about this phrase.

拆解关于这个短语的一个非常关键的细节很重要。

Native speakers almost always use it in the negative form.

母语人士几乎总是以否定形式使用它。

We rarely say "we see eye to eye." We usually only mention it when the alignment is missing.

我们很少说“我们看法一致”。我们通常只在缺乏一致性的时候才提到它。

We say "we don't see eye to eye."

我们说“我们看法不一致”。

Also, "see eye to eye" is much deeper than just saying "agree."

另外,“see eye to eye”比仅仅说“同意”要深得多。

You can agree on a basic fact, like the time of a meeting.

你可以在一个基本事实上同意,比如开会的时间。

But "see eye to eye" is about sharing a core mindset or philosophy. 但“see eye to eye”关乎分享核心的思维模式或理念。

So, "agree" is for the surface, and "see eye to eye" is for the soul.

所以,“agree”是表面的,而“see eye to eye”是灵魂层面的。

We don't always have to see eye to eye with everyone in life, but understanding each other is what truly matters.

在生活中,我们不必总是和每个人的看法完全一致,但互相理解才是真正重要的。

Tell us in the comments, who is someone you don't always see eye to eye with, but you still love dearly?

在评论区告诉我们,有谁是你并不总是看法一致,但你依然深爱着的人?

Have a wonderful day ahead, everyone. Go beyond words.

祝大家接下来度过美好的一天。超越词汇,探索更多。