录音对比打分跟练APP内测版本上线:添加wx:TingMateEn1 会邀请使用哦~

💬 烦请各位分享给更多朋友,素人播客没有推广很难。欢迎评论区留言最喜欢的句子,让我们更了解你,帮助我们创造更多你爱听的内容!
📖 今日全文:
① Hey, do you guys know what day it is? Today's the last day of the 618 mid-year sale.
嘿, 你们知道今天是什么日子吗? 今天是 618 年中大促的最后一天.
② I just paid the balance on my pre-order.
我刚付完预售的尾款.
③ And honestly, I was scared I'd messed up the math.
说真的, 我特别怕自己把账算错了.
④ These days, you just can't figure out the discount rules.
这几年这些优惠规则真让人摸不着头脑.
⑤ I checked it three times. And I'm good with numbers, especially money.
我来回核对了三遍. 而且我对数字, 尤其是钱, 一向很有数.
⑥ But I still feel like I didn't get every discount.
但我还是觉得, 自己肯定没拿全所有优惠.
⑦ Honestly, what was wrong with the old fifty percent off?
说真的, 以前那种直接打五折不好吗?
⑧ You buy one thing, and they throw in a pile of free gifts.
买一件东西, 送你一堆赠品.
⑨ But here's the thing. I'm a minimalist. I really don't like hoarding stuff.
但问题是, 我是个极简主义者. 真的很不爱屯东西.
⑩ And yet, I still want to save a little money.
可我又确实想省点钱.
⑪ So here I am, staring at my cart, kind of stuck.
于是我就盯着购物车, 有点纠结.
⑫ Did I actually save anything? Honestly, I have no idea.
我到底省到没省到? 说真的, 我也不知道.
📌 关键词:
· mid-year sale /ˌmɪdˈjɪr seɪl/ 年中大促 (说法)。年中的大型促销, 对标双十一. mid-year = 年中. 例:the 618 mid-year sale / a mid-year review / mid-year report
· paid the balance /peɪd ðə ˈbæləns/ 付尾款 / 付清余款 (说法)。balance 这里是尾款 / 待付余额; 预售先付定金再 pay the balance. 例:paid the balance / pay off the balance / the remaining balance
· messed up /mest ʌp/ 搞砸了 / 弄错了 (说法)。mess up = 出错 / 弄乱, 这里指算错账. 例:messed up the math / I messed up / don't mess it up
· figure out /ˈfɪɡjər aʊt/ 弄明白 / 搞清楚 (说法)。想通 / 算清楚某件事. 例:can't figure out / figure it out / figure out why
· fifty percent off /ˈfɪfti pərˈsent ɔːf/ 打五折 / 五折 (说法)。off 表示减价, fifty percent off = 减一半. 例:fifty percent off / twenty percent off / everything is half off
· a pile of /ə paɪl əv/ 一堆 / 一大堆 (说法)。形容数量多, 堆成一堆. 例:a pile of free gifts / a pile of laundry / piles of work
· minimalist /ˈmɪnɪməlɪst/ 极简主义者 (名词)。崇尚极简、东西越少越好的人. 例:I'm a minimalist / a minimalist lifestyle / keep it minimal
· hoarding stuff /ˈhɔːrdɪŋ stʌf/ 囤东西 / 屯货 (说法)。hoard = 囤积, 舍不得扔、买一堆存着. 例:don't like hoarding stuff / stop hoarding / a hoarder
· pre-order /ˈpriːˌɔːrdər/ 预售 / 预购 (名词)。正式开卖前先下单, 常先付定金. 例:my pre-order / pre-order now / available for pre-order
· scared /skerd/ 害怕的 / 担心的 (形容词)。例:I was scared / scared of making a mistake / a little scared
· discount /ˈdɪskaʊnt/ 折扣 / 优惠 (名词)。例:the discount rules / a big discount / get a discount
· cart /kɑːrt/ 购物车 (名词)。例:staring at my cart / add to cart / my shopping cart
明天见。Have a nice day!

