录音对比打分跟练APP上线, Apple 用户在App Store 搜索::TingMate, 其他手机 添加wx:TingMateEn1 会邀请使用哦~

💬 烦请各位分享给更多朋友,素人播客没有推广很难。欢迎评论区留言最喜欢的句子,让我们更了解你,帮助我们创造更多你爱听的内容!
📖 今日全文:
① This past Sunday, I got a text from a friend out of the blue.
上周日, 我突然收到一个朋友的短信.
② He said he's landing in the Bay Area on Tuesday.
他说他周二到湾区.
③ He flew from China to New York for an NBA game.
他从中国飞到纽约看 NBA 球赛.
④ I promised to show him around Silicon Valley.
我之前答应过带他逛逛硅谷.
⑤ I've been really busy lately. It totally slipped my mind.
我最近真的太忙了. 完全忘了这件事.
⑥ But he's coming all the way from China. I have to keep my word.
但他大老远从中国跑来. 我一定得说话算话.
⑦ So I opened the Workday app. And I put in for time off, Monday and Tuesday.
于是我打开工作软件. 提交了周一周二的请假.
⑧ Then I emailed my coworkers to let them know.
然后我给同事发了邮件说一声.
⑨ After that, I opened Expedia to book a flight.
接着我打开 Expedia 订机票.
⑩ Oh my god, last-minute flights are so expensive.
我的天, 临时订的机票真的好贵.
⑪ It's usually a hundred bucks. Now it's jumped to five hundred.
平时只要一百块. 现在涨到五百.
⑫ I should've booked it when we first made plans.
我真应该当初约好的时候就把票订了.
⑬ Still, I'm really happy. He's the first friend to visit me from China.
不过我还是很开心. 他是第一个从中国来看我的朋友.
⑭ Well, okay, he's mostly here for the NBA game. But hey, I'll take it!
好吧, 其实他主要是来看 NBA 的. 不过嘛, 我也乐意啦!
📌 关键词:
· out of the blue /ˌaʊt əv ðə ˈbluː/ 突然, 冷不丁地 (说法)。没有任何预兆地发生. 例:out of the blue / called me out of the blue / showed up out of the blue
· show him around /ʃoʊ hɪm əˈraʊnd/ 带他到处逛逛, 带他转转 (说法)。例:show him around / show you around the city / let me show you around
· slipped my mind /slɪpt maɪ maɪnd/ 一下子忘了, 没想起来 (说法)。例:it slipped my mind / your name slipped my mind / it totally slipped my mind
· put in for time off /ˌpʊt ɪn fər ˈtaɪm ɔːf/ 提交请假, 走请假流程 (说法)。例:put in for time off / put in for two days / put in for next week
· book a flight /bʊk ə flaɪt/ 订机票 (说法)。book = 预订. 例:book a flight / book a flight to New York / book a one-way flight
· last-minute /ˌlæst ˈmɪnɪt/ 临时的, 最后一刻才弄的 (形容词)。例:last-minute flight / a last-minute change / book it last-minute
· keep my word /kiːp maɪ wɜːrd/ 说话算话, 守信用 (说法)。答应了就做到. 例:keep my word / I always keep my word / a man of his word
· coworkers /ˈkoʊwɜːrkərz/ 同事 (名词)。一起工作的人. 例:my coworkers / tell my coworkers / a friendly coworker
· bucks /bʌks/ 块钱, 美元 (名词, 口语)。dollar 的口语说法. 例:a hundred bucks / five bucks / it costs ten bucks
明天见。Have a nice day!

