Day 45–49 · 上周回顾 | Last Week ReviewTingMate被动精听英语

Day 45–49 · 上周回顾 | Last Week Review

6分钟 ·
播放数787
·
评论数2

录音对比打分跟练 APP 已上线!请访问 tingmate.net 下载对应手机的版本~

========================================

Day 45 · 朋友突然要来湾区 | Out of the Blue

1. This past Sunday, I got a text from a friend out of the blue.

上周日, 我突然收到一个朋友的短信.

2. He said he's landing in the Bay Area on Tuesday.

他说他周二到湾区.

3. He flew from China to New York for an NBA game.

他从中国飞到纽约看 NBA 球赛.

4. I promised to show him around Silicon Valley.

我之前答应过带他逛逛硅谷.

5. I've been really busy lately. It totally slipped my mind.

我最近真的太忙了. 完全忘了这件事.

6. But he's coming all the way from China. I have to keep my word.

但他大老远从中国跑来. 我一定得说话算话.

7. So I opened the Workday app. And I put in for time off, Monday and Tuesday.

于是我打开工作软件. 提交了周一周二的请假.

8. Then I emailed my coworkers to let them know.

然后我给同事发了邮件说一声.

9. After that, I opened Expedia to book a flight.

接着我打开 Expedia 订机票.

10. Oh my god, last-minute flights are so expensive.

我的天, 临时订的机票真的好贵.

11. It's usually a hundred bucks. Now it's jumped to five hundred.

平时只要一百块. 现在涨到五百.

12. I should've booked it when we first made plans.

我真应该当初约好的时候就把票订了.

13. Still, I'm really happy. He's the first friend to visit me from China.

不过我还是很开心. 他是第一个从中国来看我的朋友.

14. Well, okay, he's mostly here for the NBA game. But hey, I'll take it!

好吧, 其实他主要是来看 NBA 的. 不过嘛, 我也乐意啦!

Day 46 · 惊险赶飞机 | A Close Call

1. Today I flew to San Francisco to see my friend.

今天我飞去旧金山见朋友.

2. I took a cab to the airport. I thought I had plenty of time.

我打车去机场. 本以为时间还很充裕.

3. But we got stuck in traffic. There were a few accidents.

但路上堵车了. 出了好几起车祸.

4. The driver's GPS messed up and took us to the parking lot. I had to help him navigate to departures.

司机的导航出错了, 把我们带到了停车场. 我只好帮他导航去出发层.

5. So I was already in a hurry. The check-in line was really long.

所以我已经有点赶了. 值机的队还特别长.

6. I quickly got my passport ready.

我赶紧把护照准备好.

7. I asked the people in front if I could cut in line.

我问前面的人能不能让我插个队.

8. They were all so nice and let me go ahead.

他们都特别友好, 让我先办.

9. I checked in and got my boarding pass.

我办好值机, 拿到了登机牌.

10. I only had thirty minutes left. So I rushed through security.

我只剩三十分钟了. 于是赶紧过了安检.

11. I hurried to the gate. My group was already boarding.

我急忙赶到登机口. 我那组已经在登机了.

12. I was almost the last one to get on.

我几乎是最后一个上飞机的.

13. I sat down, and right away the plane took off.

我刚坐下, 飞机马上就起飞了.

14. Honestly, that was a close call. But I made it!

说真的, 真是好险. 不过我赶上了!

Day 47 · 接机, 和老友逛旧金山 | Just Like Old Times

1. Texas is two hours ahead of California. This morning I almost overslept.

德州比加州早两小时. 今天早上我差点睡过头.

2. My friend texted me. He landed. I jumped out of bed.

朋友发消息说他落地了. 我一下从床上跳起来.

3. Good thing I live close to the airport. I washed my face and drove straight there.

还好我住得离机场很近. 我洗了把脸, 直接开车过去.

4. The airport roads were confusing. So I followed the signs to arrivals.

机场的路很乱. 我就跟着指示牌找到达口.

5. I put on my hazard lights and waited to pick him up.

我打开双闪, 等着接他.

6. Perfect timing. My friend just came out.

时机正好. 我朋友刚好出来.

7. He was looking around. I pulled up right in front of him.

他正东张西望. 我把车停到他面前.

8. And he finally recognized me.

他这才认出我.

9. We hadn't seen each other in over four years.

我们四年多没见了.

10. But it felt like we were back working together.

但感觉就像回到了一起工作的时候.

11. He had a tight schedule, so we headed straight downtown.

他行程很紧, 我们就直接去了市区.

12. We hit the Golden Gate Bridge. We drove past 890 California Street. That's where they filmed Inception.

我们打卡了金门大桥. 还开车经过了 890 California Street, 盗梦空间就是在那儿拍的.

13. Then we went to Fisherman's Wharf. We took tons of photos along the way.

然后去了渔人码头. 一路上拍了好多照片.

14. We had a lobster roll and some clam chowder there.

我们在那儿吃了龙虾卷和奶油蛤蜊汤.

15. I dropped him off at his hotel after dark. We'll meet again at nine tomorrow.

天黑了我才把他送到酒店. 约好明早九点再接他.

Day 48 · 带朋友打卡 Google·Apple·斯坦福 | Google, Apple, Stanford

1. We had a lot planned today. After picking him up, we went straight to Google.

今天计划很多. 接上他之后, 直接去了 Google.

2. We had the employee breakfast, then rode the colorful bikes to Google headquarters.

吃了员工早餐, 然后骑着五彩自行车去 Google 总部.

3. We saw work areas themed like dinosaurs, forests, and oceans.

看到了恐龙、森林、海洋主题的办公区.

4. My friend said: "The working vibe here feels so open."

朋友说:这里的工作氛围特别开放.

5. Next we got to the Apple Visitor Center. He borrowed an iPad to see the Apple Park model.

接着到了 Apple 访客中心. 他借了个 iPad 来看 Apple Park 模型.

6. He could see the staff inside, in real time. So high-tech.

能实时看到里面员工的状态. 太有科技感了.

7. Guess what? We saw the real thing. He told me: "The greenery in Apple Park is amazing!"

你猜怎么着? 我们看了真实的场景. 他跟我说:Apple Park 的绿化太棒了!

8. A friend of mine is a postdoc at Stanford, so she showed us around.

我一个朋友是斯坦福的博士后, 她带我们逛.

9. We saw the Oval and the church, then climbed Hoover Tower.

我们看了大草坪和教堂, 又登上了胡佛塔.

10. Last but most important, the bookstore. He bought a few Stanford hoodies as souvenirs for his kids.

最后也最重要的, 书店. 他买了几件斯坦福卫衣给孩子当纪念品.

11. For dinner, we hit an Italian spot downtown, Doppio Zero.

晚饭去了市区一家意餐, Doppio Zero.

12. He tried burrata for the first time and loved it.

他第一次尝 burrata, 特别喜欢.

13. We made a toast: "To our short, happy, 32-hour reunion!"

我们干杯, 敬这短暂、快乐的 32 小时相聚.

Day 49 · 提示词工程师 | Just a Prompt Engineer

1. Yesterday I saw my friend off. He flew back to China.

昨天我送走了朋友. 他飞回中国了.

2. I wanted to go back to China too. But as an adult, it's time to go back to work.

我也想回中国. 但作为成年人, 该回去工作了.

3. Because of my three days off, my work piled up. Now I've got a huge backlog.

因为请了三天假, 工作都堆起来了. 现在积压了一大堆.

4. This morning I had three meetings back-to-back.

早上我连着开了三个会.

5. One with QA, one with our contractor in India, and our team standup.

一个跟 QA测试团队, 一个跟印度外包, 还有组内站会.

6. So I got nothing done all morning.

所以整个上午什么都没做成.

7. After lunch, I finally got into work mode.

午饭后, 我才真正进入工作状态.

8. I went through my email, tickets, and team channel.

我过了一遍邮件、工单和团队频道.

9. I replied to every message, one by one.

把消息一条条都回了.

10. Then I sorted out my priorities.

然后理了一下优先级.

11. I synced up with my mentor.

又跟我的 mentor 对齐了一下.

12. And then it was back to my day-to-day coding.

接着就回到日复一日的写代码.

13. Well, really, I just told my best assistant Claude what to do.

好吧, 其实就是指挥我的最佳助手 Claude 干活.

14. I'm basically a prompt engineer now.

我现在基本就是个提示词工程师.

展开Show Notes
HD157650z
HD157650z
5天前
这周太忙了,今天一连跟了三期,终于跟上了~
TingMate精听英语
:
哈哈哈哈幸苦辛苦