录音对比打分跟练APP上线, Apple 用户在App Store 搜索:TingMate
其他用户请访问 tingmate.net
========================================
Day 55 · 街对面的农夫市集 | Good Job, Businessman
1. This weekend, I slept in really late.
这周末, 我睡了个大懒觉.
2. I skipped breakfast and went out for some porridge.
我跳过早饭, 出门去喝粥.
3. Then I noticed a lively crowd across the street.
然后我注意到街对面特别热闹.
4. I love a good crowd, so I went over to check it out.
我爱凑热闹嘛, 就走过去看看.
5. It turned out to be a farmers market, and I absolutely loved it.
原来是个农夫市集, 我太喜欢了.
6. Local farmers were selling homegrown veggies and homemade food.
本地农户在卖自己种的菜和自制的食物.
7. I bought tomatoes in all kinds of colors.
我买了各种颜色的西红柿.
8. I also got some yellow cherries called Rainier.
还买了黄色的樱桃, 叫 Rainier.
9. At one stand, a Mexican boy was translating for his dad.
有个摊位上, 一个墨西哥小孩在给爸爸做翻译.
10. He counted out my change, but he didn't seem very good at math.
他给我数找零, 但他数学好像不太行.
11. His dad did the math in his head really fast.
他爸爸心算特别快.
12. Then he told his son in Spanish, and the boy told me in English.
他用西班牙语告诉儿子, 儿子再用英文告诉我.
13. I wanted to say, I already did the math myself.
其实我想说, 姐姐早都算好了.
14. But I just told him, Good job, businessman!
但我只跟他说了一句:干得好, 小老板!
Day 56 · 较真的小费 | Particular About the Tip
1. Today I went out for dinner with a friend.
今天我和朋友出去吃了顿饭.
2. The food was great, and so was the service.
食物很棒, 服务也很好.
3. When the bill came, I was about to leave a 20% tip.
结账的时候, 我正打算给 20% 的小费.
4. But then I noticed something was off.
但我注意到有点不对劲.
5. Normally, you only pay tax on the food itself.
一般来说, 你只需要为食物本身付税.
6. And the tip just gets added on top. It shouldn't be taxed.
小费只是另外加上去的, 本来就不该被收税.
7. But this restaurant added the tip before the tax.
但这家餐厅把小费加在了税之前.
8. So my tip got taxed too, and that's definitely not right.
所以我的小费也被收了税, 这肯定不对.
9. You know I'm good with numbers, especially when it comes to money.
你知道的, 我算账特别厉害, 尤其在钱这方面.
10. My friend told me to just tip 15% and let it go.
朋友让我就给 15%, 别计较了.
11. But I didn't want to. So I asked the manager if there was a mistake.
但我不想. 于是我问经理是不是算错了.
12. In the end, they fixed the bill, and I still left an 18% tip.
最后他们改了账单, 我还是给了 18% 的小费.
13. I guess I can be really particular about these things.
我这人对这种事, 有时候就是特别较真.
Day 57 · 又爱又恨的加州阳光 | Love-Hate Sunshine
1. California sunshine is a love-hate thing for me.
加州的阳光, 我真是又爱又恨.
2. I love it, but it's rough on my skin.
爱它, 但对皮肤真的不友好.
3. This time, I forgot to bring my sunscreen.
这次我忘了带防晒霜.
4. And I'm pretty stubborn about it.
而且我这人在这事上挺固执的.
5. I only use one brand. It's this Chinese brand you can only buy back home.
我只用一个牌子, 是个国产牌子, 只能在国内买到.
6. So these days, I go out with a hat and sunglasses.
所以这几天我都戴着帽子和墨镜出门.
7. I keep putting off going to Sephora. And it's literally a five-minute drive.
我一直拖着没去丝芙兰, 虽然开车就五分钟.
8. I know I really should buy a new one.
我知道我真的该买瓶新的.
9. I feel like my sunspots are coming back.
感觉我的晒斑又要冒出来了.
10. By the end of the year, I'm flying back to China.
年底我要飞回中国.
11. I'll probably stop in Korea on the way.
大概会顺路在韩国停一下.
12. I want to get laser treatment for these spots.
想去做个激光祛斑.
Day 58 · 疼痛8级乌龙 | Probably an Eight
1. This trip back, I also saw my family doctor for my annual checkup.
这次回加州, 我还去看了家庭医生, 做年度体检.
2. My stomach has been bothering me lately. I wake up with a stomachache every morning.
最近我肚子一直不舒服. 每天早上都是肚子痛着醒来.
3. The doctor asked, on a scale of one to ten, how bad is it?
医生问, 1到10级, 你的疼是几级?
4. I thought about it and said, probably an eight.
我想了想说, 大概8级吧.
5. She was shocked and said, you should have come in way sooner.
她很惊讶, 说你应该早点来看的.
6. She ordered a CT scan and blood work, all marked stat.
她开了CT和抽血, 全都标了 stat, 立刻做的意思.
7. That freaked me out a little.
我有点吓到了.
8. I said, I've been like this for years. Maybe Texas just made it worse.
我说我常年都这样. 可能是搬去德州加重了吧.
9. She said, either way, go get the tests done first.
医生说, 不管怎样, 先把检查做了.
10. I had no idea what those medical terms meant. So I took a photo and asked ChatGPT.
那些专业名词我完全看不懂. 就拍照去问ChatGPT.
11. ChatGPT said, an eight means severe pain, like you'd be rolling on the floor.
ChatGPT说, 8级是很严重的疼痛, 疼得都得在地上打滚了.
12. That's when it hit me.
那一刻我恍然大悟.
13. She meant the standard pain scale doctors use. I was rating how miserable I felt.
医生说的是医生们用的标准疼痛量表. 我打的是自己的难受程度.
14. What was I even thinking?
我脑子在想什么啊?
15. Fine, I'll still get the tests done.
好吧, 检查我还是会去做的.
16. But I'll tell them, it's not stat. Don't charge me for that.
但我会跟他们说, 这个不是 stat 的. 别收我这个钱.
Day 59 · 回德州的机票 | Back to Texas
1. I just booked my flight back to Austin.
我刚买了回 Austin 的机票.
2. I've been in the Bay Area for three weeks now.
我在湾区已经待了三周.
3. I've had three weeks of nothing but beautiful sunshine.
整整三周, 全是美好的阳光.
4. Now it's time to head back to Texas.
是时候回德州了.
5. And the weather there is just brutal.
那边的天气真的糟透了.
6. I haven't even started packing, and I already feel awful.
行李还没开始收拾, 我就已经很难受了.
7. When I got this job, I thought it was my dream company.
拿到这份工作时, 我以为那是我的梦中情司.
8. Moving to a new city was no big deal to me.
换个城市对我来说算什么.
9. I told myself I'd move to Mars for it.
我跟自己说, 让我去火星我都去.
10. But it's only been five months, and I feel like I can't keep going.
但才五个月, 我就觉得坚持不下去了.
11. I guess people are right.
看来大家说的是对的.
12. Life comes first, and work is just part of life.
生活才是最重要的, 工作只是生活的一部分.
13. Or maybe I'm just being a little greedy.
也可能是我有点贪心.
14. I mean, every time I reach a goal, I just want more.
我是说, 每次达到一个目标, 我就想要更多.
15. Once I get something, I stop appreciating it.
一旦得到了什么, 就不再珍惜了.

